Sunday 14 August 2011

Artemis Fowl and The Lost Colony, Reviewed by Wakhe Mhlanga

In the beginning I was gob smacked by the fact that my uncle suggested we form a book club. I used to hate books, let alone the idea of people sitting down and discussing them. Since this whole thing, reading books and discussing them, was mandatory, I chose to read Artemis Fowl and The Lost Colony. It is the most splendid book I've ever read. And that is saying something, because my reading stock-pile included Beckham books. And Beckham books only. I took one glance at this book, and it already seemed too thick. So that put me off for a few seconds until I read the description at the back. I bought the book and that was history as they say. Let me just say that I've been attached to it the entire week. It was like eating ice-cream, all-season round, without the "brain-freeze". This was really, an unbelievable book.

I would like to thank Eoin Colfer for helping me enjoy my first proper book ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment